I know I haven’t posted in a bit but I’ve really been trying to soak up this last bit of summer before I have to go back to work. I wanted to get this post up asap so you could make these out of all those glorious jalapenos you have in your garden right now. This recipe is so easy and so quick, the only measurement you need to remember is 1/2.
1/2 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
Mix everything thing up (I used my KitchenAid mixer, but you could totally use a wooden spoon if your cream cheese was soft enough). I had enough to fill about 30-40 jalapeno halves. (Make sure you take the seeds out first! I like to wear gloves when I do this…Safety first!)
You have two options for cooking these up.
- You can roast them at 425 for about 20 minutes.
- You can grill them on the barbecue in the time it takes you to grill a burger. (I say this because this is how we made them and I wasn’t the one cooking them. Or timing how long it took. It will be delicious either way. If the cheese looks bubbly and the peppers look roasty, you’re good to go.
Bacon cheddar jalapeno halves
These salty, creamy and spicy halves can be roasted in the oven or grilled on the barbecue. The only measurement you need to remember to make these is 1/2.
- 15-20 Fresh jalapenos Halved and seeded
- 1/2 block Cream cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Old cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup Real bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
Halve jalapenos and remove seeds.
Mix all other ingredients until combined.
Fill jalapeno halves with filling.
Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or grill on the barbecue until peppers are roasted and cheese is bubbly.